The Elroy Webster Cooperative Studies Fund provides a scholarship and honorary award to graduate students interested in the study of agricultural cooperatives.
ELIGIBILITY AND CRITERIA
- Graduate student or law school student enrolled in an advanced degree program (Masters or Doctorate).
- The program must be an accredited academic program in the US or Canada.
- Any field of study with an interest in agricultural cooperatives. If the field of study is not directly related to agricultural cooperatives, please demonstrate how this field of study would relate to or benefit the agricultural cooperative industry.
- Scholarship recipient is eligible to receive only one scholarship.
- Two $2,500 scholarships will be granted per calendar year.
- Funds will be used to cover costs associated with tuition, fees, books, supplies or equipment while attending qualifying graduate degree class or program or law school class or program.
- Morris Foundation trustees and staff, including their immediate families, are ineligible to apply for a scholarship.
- The Scholarship will be awarded without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, or disability.
Each recipient is expected to attend a Ralph K. Morris Foundation sponsored event., i.e., Cooperative Leadership Symposium held annually in November or Farmer Cooperatives program also held annually in November, upon receipt of the award. The recipient will be recognized at the event. In the event this requirement would cause hardship due to travel costs, time away from his or her job, etc., this requirement may be waived by the Review Board or the Foundation Board of Directors.
We will begin accepting applications in January of any given year. Applications will be taken through September 30 of that same year. The scholarship will be announced on October 15.